Tulsa Christmas Parade Rules
All vendors are required to have their own permit for operation. Tulsa Christmas Parade does not provide permitting for vendors.
- The Tulsa Christmas Parade is a family, entertainment event; any entries not in compliance with a family-friendly theme, as deemed by a member of the parade committee, will not be permitted to participate in the parade.
- All aspects of all entries, including towing vehicles, must be decorated in the theme of the parade and should be designed for viewing from all sides.
- All people and animals riding/walking with your entry must be dressed in Christmas/holiday costumes; everyone in your group must dress in a common theme to have the best impact.
- Music is encouraged and must be Christmas themed unless preapproved by the parade committee. Please keep music at a level that does not interfere with other entries on either side of you and be prepared to adjust the volume if requested.
- The Tulsa Christmas Parade will provide the official Santa Claus for the parade. Please do not include Santa or Mrs. Claus in your parade entry. You will not be allowed to participate in the event if someone in your unit is dressed as Santa or Mrs. Claus.
- Call times will start at 10 AM. You will receive more specific information about your entry’s specific staging time and location prior to the parade. You must be in your designated area and ready to go by the call time you are assigned. If you are not in the designated area on time, you will forfeit your spot in the parade. No exceptions.
- All vehicles should arrive with a full tank of gas.
- All units should be prepared with extra supplies to prevent running out. This could include gas for generators, batteries, extension cords, water, etc. The parade starts at 1 p.m. and could last up to two hours, not including staging time.
- All units must designate a person in charge of pacing and keep their unit within 30 feet of the next unit during the entire parade route.
- All members of all entries agree to comply with all rules in this package and to comply with any instructions given by members of the parade committee, parade marshals and/or law-enforcement agents while anywhere on site in the staging/de-staging areas and/or parade route, before, during and after the parade.
- All units containing motor vehicles must be equipped with a fire extinguisher.
- All vehicles must be in good, legal, working condition and operated by a licensed driver, over the age of 18, who is to remain with the vehicle from call time through the end of the parade.
- All entries with closed vehicles should have at least two walkers over the age of 18 escorting the vehicle to aid the driver in safely navigating the parade route and keeping pace within 30 feet of next unit.
- All motorcycles must stay on all wheels at all times.
- No throwing any items into the crowd. All handouts must be placed in the hands of a spectator.
- All animals must: have prior parade/crowd experience; have a pooper-scooper to clean up after any messes; be secured by a leash/reins and in control of an adult handler over the age of 18 who is in possession of a copy of their insurance policy at all times.
- No use of drugs, alcohol, tobacco products or e-cigarettes anywhere in the staging/de-staging areas or parade route.
- No parking of vehicles not in the parade in any of the staging/de-staging areas as indicated by the parade map.
- Handouts advocating, opposing or pertaining to political, social or personal agendas; sexually suggestive or explicit material are not allowed.
- The Tulsa Christmas Parade cannot be used as a platform to further any cause, political, social or personal.
- All entries must have a signed copy of the rules with them at all times.
- All entries must sign the Hold Harmless Agreement included in this package.
We understand that if we are selected to participate in the Tulsa Christmas Parade, presented by American Waste Control, we agree to hold harmless American Waste Control, City of Tulsa, KTUL-Channel 8 and any other parade supplier from any and all liability arising from injury or loss or resulting bodily injury or property damage to any member of this organization or third party, which results directly or indirectly from our participation in the Tulsa Christmas Parade to be held in Tulsa, on December 8th, 2018, at 1 p.m.
By signing this contract we also agree that all members of our entry must abide by these rules and comply with all requests from members of the parade committee, parade marshals and/or law enforcement agents on the day of the parade, December 8th, 2018
If accepted as a parade/float participant, I agree to abide by the rules and regulations established by the Parade Committee.